Get Started with 10 GB FREE →
Connect QNAP Hybrid backup to Polycloud distributed cloud storage.
To connect your QNAP device to Polycloud and begin backing up your data you will first need access to your S3 client configuration credentials in your Polycloud account. If you have not yet set up your Polycloud account you can follow the steps in our Getting started guide.
Once your Polycloud account is set up and you have access to your S3 client configuration credentials, you are ready to connect your Polycloud account to your QNAP device by following the steps below.
1. Open QTS by entering the IP address of your QNAP device into the web browser. Or you can download the Qfinder Pro App to help you discover your device on your network.
2. If you have not already done so you will need to install the Hybrid Backup Sync App from the App Center. To do this you double click on the App Center icon in the QTS desktop.
3. Once the App Center is open you will need to choose Backup/Sync from the menu on the left. You should then be able to browse the apps shown until you find the Hybrid Backup Sync App. Then you can click to install the App onto your QNAP device.
4. With the App now installed you can open it by double clicking on the icon on your QTS desktop. Once the app is open you will then select the Sync icon on the left hand side of the screen.
5. Choose one way sync from the purple drop down menu in the middle of the screen.
6. A dialog box will appear and will help you create your sync job. You will first be prompted to choose the destination storage space. Scroll down until you are in the cloud server section and select “Amazon S3 & S3 compatible”.
7. Once selected a new box will appear below where you will be prompted to add a new account. Click on the plus icon to access a window where you can input your Polycloud S3 client configuration credentials.
8. Fill in the information requested in the box.
9. Enter the name of the Polycloud bucket you would like to use (needs to be created in Polycloud prior to this step, see the Polycloud Getting started guide for instructions on creating buckets). Be sure that it is entered correctly so that it matches the name of the bucket identically.
10. We recommend you select the box next to “Use the SSL connection” and “Validate the SSL Certificate” and to leave “Do not calculate Content” as unchecked, then click “Create”.
11. Make sure that Polycloud is now selected as the storage space and click “Select”.
12. Under the Local NAS on the left side click “Add Paired Folder” and then select which folders you would like to sync to Polycloud and click ok. Then under Polycloud on the right side click “Add Paired Folder” and select where in your polycloud bucket you would like the files stored. click “OK”
13. Choose how you would like your sync to handle files with conflicting names and then click “Next”.
14. If you would like to sync on a schedule you can set that up here, otherwise select “No schedule” and “Sync now”.
15. Adjust any rules and settings that you would like then click “Next”.
16. Double check all the settings on your new Sync Job and then click “Create”.
17. If you chose to run the sync now then your job should start running automatically, otherwise you will see that it is queued up.
If you have any other questions please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.