Bucket Naming Rules
Your bucket name must meet the following requirements:
- Only lower cased letters, numbers, dashes (-), and dots (.) are allowed in bucket names.
- Bucket names must contain 3 or more characters and cannot be longer than 63 characters.
- Bucket names cannot be ip addresses (ie. 10.0.0.1).
- Bucket names cannot contain the following character sequences:
- dot-dot (..)
- dot-dash (.-)
- dash-dot (-.)
- Bucket names must start and end with a letter or number character.
- Each bucket name must be globally unique. If you attempt to create a bucket with a name that already belongs to an existing bucket of any user of Polycloud, then you will receive an error.
- Existing buckets cannot be renamed.
Example Bucket Names
The following are examples of valid bucket names:
The following are examples of invalid bucket names:
- MY-Polycloud-Bucket (contains uppercase letters)
- abc_a.asdf (contains underscore)
- email@example.com (contains invalid character – @)
- -1bucket (starts with a dash)
- mybucket. (ends with a dot)
- mybucket.-adf (contains an invalid character sequence)